Geotechnical Project Manager with PE License
Charlotte, NC /
Mid-Atlantic (SUMMIT) – Geotechnical Department /
SUMMIT Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company has an opening in our Geotechnical Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Your role as a Geotechnical Project Manager Professional Engineer (PE) will give you the opportunity to not only make your mark in a nationally recognized firm, but also directly contribute to our unprecedented growth. If you’re known for your commitment to excellence and passion for working in a collaborative environment, UES is where you belong.
As a Geotechnical Project Manager PE, you will provide project management and oversight of assigned projects for the Geotechnical Departments. These projects will have a focus on both shallow and deep foundation for geotechnical engineering.
- Travel to various job sites in a company provided vehicle
- Provide guidance and oversight to staff professionals for collection of field data
- Mentor other geotechnical staff
- Review and interpret field samples for geotechnical analysis
- Schedule and manage subcontractors
- Develop and manage projects with clients
- Create and update project proposals and reports
- Classify soils per ASTM standards
- Prepare and meet project budgets
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments
- Field work on outside construction sites involving long-term standing
- Typically 20% field work and 80% office work
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit)
- Some weekend and overtime work may be required
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs.
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record
- Preferred: Professional Engineering license (PE) or Engineering Intern license (EI/EIT) and ability to obtain PE within 1-2 years
- 2-3 years of Geotechnical full-time work experience
- 2+ years of project management and oversight/mentorship of other geotechnical professionals/technicians
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to use technology/computer
- Strong computer and math skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Knowledge of geotechnical engineering calculations (soil settlement, bearing pressure, slope stability)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, detailed reports, short correspondence and memos
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.