Southeast (Contour & Geoservices) – Construction Services Department /
Contour Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
- Perform structural inspections regarding the following structural elements: CMU, cast-in-place concrete, reinforcing steel, post-tension cable, precast/prestress members)
- Ability to read/understand project plans and specifications
- Report data in a complete, timely, and understandable fashion
- Ensure that all test equipment used is functioning properly, maintained as required by the company and/or manufacturer's policy and that all calibrated equipment is within its calibration cycle
- Lawfully operate a motor vehicle
- Communicate with dispatching and/or field supervisor, advising of current job status and locations as required. Cellular phones are to be worn at all times, and calls are to be returned immediately
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements, and company policies or procedures
- Attend meetings
- Regular attendance is required. They must arrive on time for scheduled jobs
- Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy
- Turn in paperwork every day attached to work order
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies
- Regular attendance is required. Must arrive on time to scheduled jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field required
- EIT, or ability to pass FE exam within 6 months
- ACI Field Grade I preferred
- ICC Certifications highly preferred
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.