West – Construction Services Department /
As a Lab Technician, you will be responsible for testing soils, concrete, asphalt, and other construction materials. We provide on-the-job training and future construction materials testing certification opportunities. If you're reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
- Perform laboratory testing such as sample preparation, compressive strength testing, sieve analysis and other construction materials testing tasks as assigned by the Laboratory Manager.
- Perform field services (testing and inspections) as requested and necessary to meet project objectives.
- Strive to obtain further certifications and jurisdiction approvals in the field of QA/QC and other materials testing/special inspections areas.
- Provide assistance and guidance to staff to obtain your project-specific objectives.
- Assist UES in field exploration efforts and other miscellaneous projects when assigned.
- Maintain training documents.
- Must be at least 18 years old for entry onto job sites and must lift up to 40 lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Willingness to obtain ACI or NAQTC certifications to expand your laboratory capabilities.
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.