Building Envelope Principal
Atlanta, GA /
Southeast (Contour & Geoservices) – Building Envelope Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Building Envelope Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Joining Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) offers you the opportunity to excel at the fastest growing Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) firm in the country. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology and best practices.
We are a family of companies with revenue of $500M, quickly rising through organic and acquisition growth. We are made up of 6 regions that include nearly 20 companies within those regions: Florida, West, Texas, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest. UES is a family of almost 3,500 team members who operate in 75 locations in 20 states. Our values guide the way we work, make decisions and treat others, specifically our team members, customers, and the communities where we serve. We STRIVE for safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value and excellence.
At UES, you will collaborate with a team that places value in our collective vision, culture of community, and unwavering commitment to excellence. While being encouraged to promote innovative and creative ideas, you will be provided the support to bring those ideas to fruition. As our company continues to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future team members to learn and mentor for continued professional and personal development. Additionally, you can count on excellent benefits, a comprehensive PTO plan, uncapped career growth, and the best people in the industry. You can learn more about our career opportunities here: https://universalengineering.com/careers/
Are you someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and being actively involved in the business? And, thrives in places where teamwork and great leaders are the foundation for your success? This is the role for you!
Contour Engineering a UES company has an opening in our Building Envelope Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope. As the Building Envelope Principal, you will apply engineering principles, and concepts learned from previous experience and/or formal education. Plan and perform project management and engineering duties for design, construction administration, assessments, and investigations.
- Energetic – Passion and high energy for delivering results in a fast paced and high growth environment; autonomous, strong self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Resourceful – Enjoys challenging projects, taking initiative to solve problems, and executing on deliverables.
- Creative – Able to tell an engaging story with an expertise in technical writing and the ability to incorporate case studies and state-of-the-art graphics.
- Team Player – Enjoys being on a team. Works well with others and brings a positive attitude.
- Adaptable – Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and remain flexible as business priorities change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consulting and inspection of building envelope related services, including windows, fireproofing/firestopping, masonry, roofs, curtain walls, EIFS, and pre-cast concrete
- Preparation of proposals and reports
- Project Management, including estimating, billing, and budgeting
- Business development; growing our client relationships
- Manage project-specific revenues and expenses and Assume Profit & Loss responsibility on each project. Demonstrate a strong understanding of department finances.
- Provide active participation in sales and business development activities, such as client relationship building, project pursuits, networking, and professional/technical organization involvement.
- Ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet clients' needs and expectations.
- Have Professional experience in commercial construction practices, techniques, and consulting services. Be familiar with ADA, OSHA, State & Local regulations, and the International Building Code (IBC)
- Ability to produce and oversee the production of high-quality technical reports with limited outside technical guidance
- Other duties may be assigned
- Travel is approximately 40%
- Licensed Architecture or Professional Engineer preferred
- RRC or RRO Roofing Affiliation preferred
- Roofing/Waterproofing manufacturing certifications preferred
- Air Barrier Certification of America Certification preferred
- 10+ years experience in building envelope testing and inspection, including below-grade waterproofing, air barriers, fenestrations, or roofing.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the real estate development and construction industry
- Proven record working with local regulatory agencies in a cooperative manner
- Knowledge of Air Barrier Construction & current industry practices
- Experience in commercial roof consulting, including roofing methods/designs and specifications as well as construction detailing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Business savvy; ability to connect the dots between functions and across various regions/ branches
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
We are trusted engineering partners enabling the construction community through responsive, expert problem solving.
We strive to be the leading environmental, inspection, testing and engineering firm by ensuring the safety, integrity, and sustainability of our community's land, foundations, and structures from development to redevelopment.
UES is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. UES is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.