Southeast (Contour & Geoservices) – Construction Services Department /
GEOServices, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
As a Field Technician, you will be responsible for in-the-field testing of concrete, soils and other construction materials. You will use a company provided vehicle to travel to job sites in the area to perform routine field testing including compaction testing, sampling and observations of soils, stone and asphalt, utilizing nuclear density gauges and drive tube methods. You will also perform concrete, grout and masonry quality control tests through sampling and visual observation, document and report your findings.
- Perform observations and testing
- Write detailed reports summarizing test results and observations
- Inform field representatives of observation and test results
- Communicate with managers, show commitment as a team player, and organize work and manage time effectively
- Prior experience as field/engineering technician preferred, but not required
- Willingness to obtain TDOT Certifications, ICC Soils, NICET Soils Tech Level I, NICET Geotechnical Engineering Technician Level I, American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Field Testing Technician -Grade I
- Valid Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
- Must be at least 18 years old for entry onto job sites, must be able to lift up to 75 pounds (lbs) repeatedly
- Ability to read and write, ability to use a computer
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.