Senior Project Manager
Fort Myers /
South Florida – Environmental Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Environmental Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Our Environmental Department is looking for a Professional Engineer that brings a positive attitude and wants to learn and advance with a growing company that gives them the opportunity to do so. The right candidate will have at least three years of practical, hands-on experience in the field working on environmental projects. They will also have some experience managing projects from conception to closeout. They will have experience working with teams and mentoring new staff. They will possess a desire to grow into a manager’s position in a fast-growing company and market place.
- Manage projects with a team that is constantly striving to excel
- Mentor new and entry level staff members
- Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and assessment reports
- Design projects and proposals that lead to regulatory compliance and environmental rehabilitation
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation projects and legal action according to regulatory codes and guidance
- Monitor the progress of environmental improvement programs
- Install and operate remedial systems that effectively treat hazardous waste and hydrocarbon impacted soil and groundwater
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Prepare Site Assessment Reports, Engineering Controls and Remediation Action Plans
- Transition contaminated sites from remedial design through regulatory closure
- Develop client-specific Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans (SPCC), and Stormwater Pollution Plans (SWPP)
- Hazard and risk management, environmental management, and emergency response planning
- Miscellaneous Regulatory Permitting
- 3 plus years of practical, hands-on experience in the field working on environmental projects
- Experience with environmental permitting
- Experience with air permitting and compliance a plus
- Must have Florida Professional Engineering License (or able to obtain in 6 months)
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills including attention to detail, accuracy, and completeness
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with project team members and clients
- Experience working with teams and mentoring new staff
- Experience to determine the appropriate tools and techniques for each phase of the project management life cycle.
- Ability to plan and manage projects from development to closing
- Proficient in basic computer skills, including Microsoft office suite of applications
- Experience working with CAD, ArcGIS and other mapping and drafting software
- A valid Driver’s License and must be able to pass an MVR check
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 73 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: https://universalengineering.com/
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.