People Operations (HR) Generalist
Orlando, Fl /
Corporate HQ – Human Resources /
UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
Joining Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) offers you the opportunity to excel at the fastest growing Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) firm in the country. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology and best practices.
We are a family of companies with revenue of $500M, quickly rising through organic and acquisition growth. We are made up of 6 regions that include nearly 20 companies within those regions: Florida, West, Texas, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Midwest. UES is a family of almost 3,500 team members who operate in 75 locations in 20 states. Our values guide the way we work, make decisions and treat others, specifically our team members, customers, and the communities where we serve. We STRIVE for safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value and excellence.
You will collaborate with a team that places value in our collective vision, culture of community, and unwavering commitment to excellence. While being encouraged to promote innovative and creative ideas, you will be provided the support to bring those ideas to fruition. As our company continues to grow at a rapid pace, so do the opportunities for our current and future team members to learn and mentor for continued professional and personal development. Additionally, you can count on excellent benefits, a comprehensive PTO plan, uncapped career growth, and the best people in the industry. You can learn more about our career opportunities here: https://universalengineering.com/careers/
The People Operations (HR) Generalist will report directly to the VP, People and Talent and will support corporate (FAST) and national compliance, performance management, DEI and overall people operations initiatives. This includes the standardization of policies, handbooks, and documentation of best practices.
The Ideal Candidate
- Energetic – Passion and high energy for delivering sales results in a fast paced and high growth environment; autonomous, strong self-starter with a sense of urgency.
- Resourceful – Enjoys challenging projects, taking initiative to solve problems, and executing on deliverables while meeting business goals and deadlines.
- Intelligent – Curious, independent thinker with a proven ability to quickly absorb information and make data-driven decisions.
- Leader – Engaging leader who is able to multi-task and communicate with cross functional teams.
- Team Player – Enjoys being on a team. Works well with others and brings a positive attitude.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to keep reading and apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the review and standardization of national people processes and policies such as the company handbook, policies, and best practices.
- Ensures compliance and ongoing auditing for the people operations team companywide. This includes timely completion of required forms and background checks as well as timely response to state and federal mandated reporting.
- Supports the rollout and coordination of performance management, engagement, philanthropic, and DEI initiatives. This also includes support with data analysis of surveys and people metrics.
- Assist with additional talent and people related initiatives and needs.
- Other duties as needed.
- Travel is expected to be up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or similar business area
- Business Experience: 3+ years of progressive Human Resources experience,
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to adjust as business needs may change
- Manges self, information, and interaction with others with approachability, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a can-do attitude who is a go-getter and self-motivated.
- Experience in the AEC, Energy, Field Services, civil or construction sector is desired, but not required
- Excellent benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive PTO plan and paid company holidays
- Hybrid schedule
- Uncapped career growth
We are trusted engineering partners enabling the construction community through responsive, expert problem solving.
We strive to be the leading environmental, inspection, testing and engineering firm by ensuring the safety, integrity, and sustainability of our community's land, foundations, and structures from development to redevelopment.
UES is committed to embracing diversity, equity and inclusion to create a workplace that welcomes and thrives on the unique experiences, perspectives and contributions of all team members. UES is bringing the best people and most diverse talent forward to drive growth, innovate and think bigger!
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and can perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 75 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: https://teamues.com/
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.