Building Envelope Department Manager
North Florida – Facilities /
UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
The Building Envelope Consultant will provide building enclosure and waterproofing services to clients. You will serve as the primary client contact on projects related to new construction and existing building structures, including waterproofing design and evaluation of below grade- foundation systems, plazas and podiums, exterior walls and façade systems, and roofing assemblies. The Building Envelope Consultant will lead team efforts on forensic investigations, behavior evaluations, condition assessments using non- destructive and destructive methods, and the development of waterproofing design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consulting and inspection of building envelope related services including: windows, fireproofing/firestopping, masonry, roofs, curtain walls, EIFS, and pre-cast concrete.
- Preparation of proposals
- Preparation of reports
- Project Management include estimating, billing, and budgeting
- Business Development; growing our client relationships
- Manage project-specific revenues and expenses and assume Profit & Loss responsibility on each project.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of department finances
- Provide active participation in sales and business development activities, such as client relationship building, project pursuits, networking, and professional/technical organization involvement.
- Ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet client’s needs and expectations.
- Have professional experience in commercial construction practices, techniques, and consulting services. Be familiar with ADA, OSHA, State & Local regulations and the International Building Code (IBC).
- Possess LEED Certification and understand Green Building practices.
- Ability to produce and oversee production of high-quality technical reports with limited outside technical guidance.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Record Check Criteria)
- Ability to pass a background check screening in accordance with Florida’s Jessica Lunsford Act (or equivalent state classification)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- 10+ years of commercial construction experience with successful and proven track record of managing construction consulting services
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the real estate development and construction industry
- Proven record working with local regulatory agencies in cooperative manner.
- Knowledge of Air Barrier Construction & current industry practices
- Experience in commercial roof consulting, including roofing methods/designs and specifications as well as construction detailing
- Professional affiliation, such as Licensed Architect preferred
- BS or MS in Construction Management or Architecture preferred
- RRC or RRO Roofing Affiliation preferred
- Roofing/Waterproofing manufacturing certifications preferred
- Air Barrier Certification of America preferred
- 0-5 years’ experience in building envelope testing and inspection, including below grade waterproofing, air barriers, fenestrations, or roofing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Required to drive, stand, walk, use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, talk, and hear; body motions and movements include: bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, pulling, kneeling, lifting, carrying, and pushing
- Lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds regularly on average, and up to 75 pounds on occasion, with or without reasonable accommodation
- This job is located in Florida, with exposure to intense sun, intense heat, humidity, rain, thunderstorms, and other adverse weather conditions
- This job is primarily and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and construction sites where the noise level is usually moderate to loud
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 75 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: https://teamues.com/
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.