San Diego /
West – Geotechnical Department /
As a Soil Technician you will be responsible for in-the-field testing of concrete, soils, and other construction materials. You will use a company provided vehicle to travel to job sites in the area. We also provide on the job training and future construction materials testing certification possibilities. If you’re reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
Starting at $20/hour
*Salary is negotiable, depending on experience, skillset, and certifications.
- Field testing & material sampling during site development and construction of various private and public works projects, including site grading, utility trench backfill, pavement installation and concrete placement.
- Accurately document daily activities and provide timely submission of daily field reports and weekly time and mileage records.
- Must have current 40-hour HAZWOPER or obtain within 2 weeks of hire. Company will pay registration fee for training, candidate to complete on own time (online options available).
- Must have current Nuclear Gauge Operator's certification or obtain within 2 weeks of hire. Company will pay registration fee for training and training course time.
- Must have valid California DL with clean driving record and able to pass physical and drug screen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift and carry 55 lbs
- ACI, NICET, ICC, CalTrans certs eligible for increased hourly pay
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.