Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT /
West – Geotechnical Department /
- Prepare proposals and reports.
- Conduct geotechnical investigations and prepare Geotechnical Evaluation Reports as needed for various assigned projects.
- Review geophysical investigations to obtain additional site information to supplement traditional geotechnical investigation methods.
- Prepare, review, and approve Pavement Quality Reports, Selected Backfill Reports, Trench Backfill Reports, and other public entity certification reports for private and public developments.
- Perform computer technical support and analysis with programs such as GIS, GINT, Geosystems, AutoCad, L-Pile, and StablePro as needed for various assigned projects.
- Provide field inspection support and active field training for new and growing geologists and technicians.
- Active engagement in 2 professional organizations that are applicable to our industry – with one being a leadership role (i.e., Board, Officer, Committee, etc.). Organization should be pre-approved by a Department Manager or above.
- Any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering required Master’s degree preferred
- Utah PE registration is required, GE registration is required or can be obtained within 1-2 years
- 6 or more years of experience in geotechnical engineering or related discipline preferred
- Utah project experience preferred
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment
- Valid Utah Driver’s License and clean DMV report are a must
- Willing to market to new clients
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.