North Florida – Building Inspection Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Building Inspection Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
- Determine whether changes may be required in plans and makes recommendations to contractors, engineers, architects, etc
- Performs inspections of foundations, concrete slabs, framing, roofing, and related construction work
- Maintains accurate, complete, and current inspection records
- Exercises tact and courtesy when conducting inspections and dealing with clients
- Prepares reports and reports data in a timely, complete, and understandable fashion
- Promotes continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects, monitors quality standards and practices
- Ensures that project requirements are met and compliant with inspections specifications, requirements, and policies
- Valid Driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- State of Florida Building Inspector License
- Mechanical Inspector/Plans Examiner
- Electrical Inspector/Plans Examiner
- Plumbing Inspector/Plans Examiner
- Family Dwelling 1 & 2
- Standard Plans Examiner
- Building Code Administrator
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 73 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.