CMT Project Manager
Atlanta, GA /
Southeast (Contour & Geoservices) – Construction Services Department /
Contour Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
As a Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Project Manager, you will be responsible for project management and oversight of assigned projects for the Construction Materials Testing Department. On a typical day, you will apply your skills to the following:
- Travel to various job sites in a company provided vehicle
- Complete proof roll observations and undercuts
- Staff field work
- Provide on-site project management to complete field testing
- Review, update and approve invoices weekly for on-going projects
- Develop and manage projects with clients
- Create and update project proposals and reports
- Document accurate and detailed daily field activity and/or diagrams and report the findings to clients and supervisors
- Maintain daily communication with technicians, contractors and other project managers
- Communicate verbally and electronically with various field personnel and colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions such as wet and/or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments
- Field work on outside construction sites involving long-term standing and potentially repetitive motions
- Typically 50% field work and 50% office work
- Ability to use your senses to see (including close, distant and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus), smell, hear and touch (use your hands to reach, climb or balance, crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit)
- Some weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required
- May be required to drive hundreds of miles per day
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move/shake up to 40lbs (soil and/or concrete tests and related apparatus); frequently lift and/or move up to 60lbs (soil and sand samples, and nuclear density equipment); and occasionally move more than 100lbs. (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete samples)
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- BS in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- 2 years of CMT/Geotechnical full-time work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication and ability to use technology/computer
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents
- Ability to accurately complete field-testing paperwork
- Knowledge of construction materials testing methods, ASTM standards, and soil classifications
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, detailed reports, short correspondence and memos
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.