Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
Las Vegas, NV /
West – Construction Services Department /
As a Certified Welding Inspector, you will be responsible for performing inspections at various construction sites throughout Las Vegas. If you’re certified, reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
- Perform inspections as a CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR on various projects.
- Responsible for the inspection and documentation of welding inspections in the areas of building code compliance.
- Familiarity with Construction Materials Standards, Specifications, and Codes (AISC, ASTM, AWS)
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at a project sites
- Ability to attend client meetings related to pre-construction, pre-fabrication, and other construction meetings to provide information about quality requirements
- Ability to work with other fabrication, construction, and quality personnel as part of the verification process to ensure quality standards are being met at the project site or in a fabrication facility
- Familiarity with sampling and testing of construction materials (structural steel, other steel products, bridge components) in accordance with project standards and specifications
- Must be a Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) by the American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Non-Destructive Testing Level II, Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT), and Visual (VT) Level II, Ultrasonic (UT) certifications are beneficial
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to read construction plans and specifications, understand construction procedures, and know Standard Codes
UES is a national leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental Consulting, Occupational Health & Safety, Virtual Design Consulting, and Building Envelope. With over 3,400 team members across 70+ branches in the United States, UES provides essential engineering services to some of the most prominent and significant projects in the country. As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group’s Hot Firm list in 2021 and 2022, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future.
Our Team Members
Our team members bring unique skill sets, licenses and certifications, and experience to our firm, which diversifies our team and allows us to provide a wide variety of services uniquely grounded in excellence. Our team STRIVES to uphold our core values of safety, teamwork, responsiveness, integrity, value, and excellence to ensure we meet client expectations, support our communities, and build a strong, reliable team. Our UES team members are kind, passionate, and driven, which creates collaborative workspaces and a sense of camaraderie among our team members. At UES, we are eager to hire, teach, and train the next generation of industry leaders and learn from the expertise of each team member who walks through our doors. To learn more about UES, visit teamues.com
We understand that our team members are the glue that holds our business together. We value the individual contributions of each person, and we show this by offering comprehensive benefits, including medical insurance options, PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and so much more. If you have additional questions about our benefits, please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com
Check out our website: UES
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.