Assistant Project Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL /
South Florida – Construction Services Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Construction Services Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the CSD Manager in coordinating the activities of a project to ensure cost, schedule, document control, and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the CSD Manager, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about the industry.
- Communicate with dispatching and/or field supervisor, advising of current job status and locations as required. Cellular phones are to be worn at all times and calls are to be returned immediately.
- Ability to read/understand project plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals for private sector.
- Ensure projects are on budget and tracks progress.
- Prepare and track change orders.
- Maximize profitability for assigned projects by audit project progression.
- Ensures special inspection/threshold forms are submitted to the client in a timely manner.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing UES’ commitment to continuously address their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. client, owner rep, project team, GC, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Promote positive contractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Report data in a complete, timely, and understandable fashion.
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements, and company policies or procedures.
- Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy.
- Train field and office personnel.
- Approves invoices prior to Billing Team sending them to clients.
- May act as liaison between billing team and client to assists with collections Over 120 Days.
- Attend on-site and branch meetings, when required.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or College Degree
- 1-3 years industry experience
- Valid DL
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- Experience in the CMT Industry
- E.I. License
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 73 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.