Wichita, KS /
Midwest – Environmental Department-GSI Engineering /
GSI Engineering, a Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) Company, has an opening in our Environmental Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
UES is thrilled to be named the #1 fastest growing AEC firm by the Zweig Group. The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list honors the fastest-growing firms in the architecture, engineering, planning, environmental, and construction (AEC) industry. For the first time in four years, a new firm, UES, took the number one spot on the 2021 list! Firms are ranked based on three-year growth in revenue, by both percentage and dollar growth.
GSI is seeking candidates for a full-time Staff Geologist position in our Wichita, Kansas office. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong technical and interpersonal skills, management experience, and experience working with regulatory agencies. Must be self-motivated, innovative, and able to work successfully with staff at all levels.
- Assist a licensed geologist with multiple types of environmental projects, including Phase I/II environmental site assessments, comprehensive site investigations, groundwater monitoring, and environmental remediation
- Perform subsurface logging and soil/groundwater sampling during the installation of soil borings and monitoring wells
- Perform monitoring well development and sampling
- Coordinate field activities and ensure safe and quality execution
- Prepare field notes and appropriate documentation
- Prepare technical reports
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency and client requirements and procedures
- BS degree in Geology
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience with project report writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Will be required to pass OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification
- Fundamentals of Geology certification (IG), or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Valid driver’s license, insurable driving record, and ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 60 branches and 2,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why work at GSI Engineering, A Universal Engineering Sciences Company?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.