Building Inspector - Electrical
Tampa, FL /
North Florida – Building Inspection Department /
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES) has an opening in our Building Inspection Department. UES is a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope.
The Building Inspector is a key role, responsible for performing highly technical inspection work for the day-to-day completion of building inspections (Building, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be willing to travel within the state of Florida, if applicable
- Determine whether changes may be required in plans and makes recommendations to contractors, engineers, architects, etc.
- Inspect commercial, industrial, and residential buildings during various stages of construction and remodeling to ensure compliance with applicable codes ordinances and regulations. Depending on specific assignments, inspectors may also issue notices for violation upon failed inspections and may be responsible for approving the issuance of building permits.
- Exercises tact and courtesy when conducting inspections and dealing with clients.
- Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy.
- Promotes continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects, monitors quality standards and practices.
- Turn in required paperwork daily
- Regular attendance is required
- Must be flexible to changing schedules and hours to support business needs. Overnight and weekends schedules may be necessary to support business needs.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies
- Other duties may be assigned
- Valid Florida Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our Driver’s License and Motor Vehicle Record Check Criteria)
- Ability to pass a background check screening in accordance with Florida’s Jessica Lunsford Act (or equivalent state classification)
- Knowledge of the Florida Building Code and the International Code Council
- Valid State of Florida Electrical License
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Valid State of Florida Mechanical License / Plans Examiner
- Valid State of Florida Building License/ Plans Examiner
- Valid State of Florida Plumbing License/ Plans Examiner
- Valid State of Florida Residential License /Plans Examiner
- Building Code Administrator
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Required to drive, stand, walk, use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, talk, and hear; body motions and movements include: bending, twisting, reaching, stooping, pulling, kneeling, lifting, carrying, and pushing
- Lifting and/or moving up to 35 pounds regularly on average, and up to 75 pounds on occasion, with or without reasonable accommodation
- This job is located in Florida, with exposure to intense sun, intense heat, humidity, rain, thunderstorms, and other adverse weather conditions
- This job is primarily and regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and construction sites where the noise level is usually moderate to loud
Who We Are:
UES provides essential engineering services for some of the most prominent and significant projects in the nation. Our team members, from our drillers to administrative staff, contribute directly to projects that transform communities. With some of the greatest talent in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, we are committed to delivering groundbreaking solutions for our clients. At the core of our success is our team members who make it all possible. We know that the projects we deliver are only as good as our people, which is why we offer enriching opportunities for career growth at every level.
Growing in Excellence
As the #1 fastest growing AEC firm on The Zweig Group's Hot Firm list in 2021, UES is poised to lead our industry into the future. As we evolve from a one-man operation to a company spanning 73 branches and 3,500 employees, we’re looking for enthusiastic talent to launch their careers and grow along with us.
Why Work at UES?
We value the individual contributions of our employees, and we show this through providing great benefits. Click here to see how we support our people in and out of the workplace. Please ask your recruiter what benefits plans apply to you.
Check out our website: teamues.com
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.