Senior Systems Software Engineer - Runtime
***Please note: While our engineering HQ is in Toronto, this is a remote opportunity and we welcome applicants from anywhere in North America.***
Untether AI is looking for a highly motivated and creative Senior Systems Software engineer to join our Runtime team. You will evangelize, architect, and implement key aspects of our production kernel and user-mode drivers, their APIs, and the corresponding toolchain. You will craft elegant solutions to exciting problems and form the future direction of our system software, and how our accelerator will be used by our users. You will design, develop and verify software that interacts with our chip; collaborating with hardware engineers and fellow software engineers in the process. You are able to identify functional/performance bottlenecks and alleviate them in order to achieve scalable and reliable software. You should demonstrate the ability to excel in an environment with complex software and hardware designs.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of software engineering or related work experience
- Excellent C programming skills and familiarity with C++
- Strong experience in software design, debugging, and performance analysis
- A deep understanding of system level architecture, such as interconnects, memory hierarchy, PCI Express, DMA, and memory-mapped IO
- Experience with Linux driver or Linux Kernel development
- Ability to work independently, define project goals and scope, and lead your own development efforts
- Experience contributing to a reasonably large open/closed source project - use of source-control (e.g. git), bug tracking, branching and merging code
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with Python and using C/C++ libraries from Python (e.g. using Cython)
- Relentless focus on software quality and testing
- Experience architecting low and high level APIs for internal and external users
- Proficient in a variety of development styles and programming languages
- Able to build projects from the ground upComfortable working within a rapidly evolving project
- Driven and self-directed
Don't meet all the requirements but still feel like you'd be a good fit for the role? We encourage you to apply regardless.
About Untether AI:
Untether AI is developing a groundbreaking new architecture that will bring neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. Founded in Toronto in 2018 by a team of scientists and entrepreneurs, Untether AI’s ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips will eliminate the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. With the support of tier one investors, we are challenging the status quo with an architecture that is fundamentally unique. Working with us means getting the opportunity to be a part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.