Silicon CAD Engineer
North America /
Untether AI is building the world’s highest performance pure-digital AI inference chip. We’re a rapidly growing Toronto-based startup, with employees across Canada and the US, building next generation hardware AI accelerators for neural net inference. We are investing in software in a big way in order to make it as seamless as possible for researchers and developers to successfully deploy neural networks on our hardware.
We’re looking for best in class engineers to join our existing top-notch team. When you join Untether AI, you will be part of the team that creates innovative hardware and delivers industry leading AI performance and efficiency. Utilizing non Von Neumann techniques, you will help propel sustainable AI inference.
As part of this talented team of engineers, you are able to - and are excited to - architect, implement, verify and productize custom hardware designs. Being on our team means collaborating with an extremely bright group of people while tackling tough and interesting problems at the intersection of AI and hardware.
***Please note: While our engineering HQ is in Toronto, this is a remote opportunity and we welcome applicants from anywhere in North America.***
We are looking for a silicon CAD engineer to develop and maintain a world-class set of EDA tools and CAD flows to maximize the efficiency of the engineering team. The role includes support of both the digital design and custom circuits design teams. The successful candidate will have experience with digital design flows and basic understanding of custom design flows using standard EDA tools.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- 3+ years of experience
- Developing flows and scripts to support EDA tools and design effort
- Install new releases, evaluate and tune EDA tools for quality of results, including accuracy and runtime
- Improving and maintaining tool flow infrastructure and automation
- Manage databases for all hardware related IP and tools; RTL, .lib, testbenches, scripts, EDA tools, and std cell libraries
- Manage PDK data from foundry, keep files up to date, qualifying results for each EDA tool
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Excellent UNIX and scripting programming skills (Python, TCL)
- Strong understanding of digital circuits and analog circuits
- Good knowledge of at digital design flow; synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis (Synopsys IC Compiler II and Primetime)
- Basic understanding of analog and custom circuit simulation (finesim, hspice or spectre)
- Understanding of VCS or similar simulation tools
- Understanding of Jenkins or other CI/CD frameworks
- Understanding of version control software (perforce, git)
- Understanding of job queuing such as LSF or Grid Engine.
- Understanding of Linting and presubmits.
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
- Besides being a pretty friendly group, we’re also pretty diverse - ethnically, experientially and in our physical and mental abilities. If you are someone who needs accommodation during the interview process and/or in the workplace, please send a note along with your resume to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
A little bit more about Untether AI:
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.