ASIC FPGA Prototyping Design Engineer
Are you interested in joining a team that creates innovative hardware and delivers industry leading AI performance and efficiency? Untether AI is looking for ASIC/FPGA Prototyping Design Engineers who own and drive the entire FPGA prototyping flow for the next generation AI accelerator. This is a role for a versatile engineer that includes RTL design, verification, FPGA partitioning and implementation, and lab based bringup of the SoC, This position requires a wide range of skills, and exceptional problem solving ability. You will be working with architects, designers, software engineers, and verification teams to accomplish your tasks.
Responsibilities & Requeirements
- BS/MS/PHD in EE/CE/CS, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA design, timing constraint and timing closure, analyzing and improving RTL hardware performance and area as well as lab bringup of FPGA
- Good understanding of PCI Express
- Knowledge of memory interfaces (DDR/LPDDR/etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills; ability to take initiative and solve problems
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of computer architecture
- Knowledge of RISC-V cores
- Experience with conversion of ASIC design to FPGA for emulation or prototyping purpose
- Experience with emulation or prototyping platform: Synopsys ZeBu/HAPS, Cadence Palladium/Protium or other platforms, including compilation, debug, performance and throughput tuning
- Experience with various verification tasks - test plan development, test bench development, simulation/waveform debug, coverage analysis
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of Python/Perl
- Working experience in verification with SV/UVM.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning concepts and frameworks is a plus
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits from day 1
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Being part of building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
- Besides being a pretty friendly group, we’re also pretty diverse - ethnically, experientially and in our physical and mental abilities. If you are someone who needs accommodation during the interview process and/or in the workplace, please send a note along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.