Untether AI is building the world’s highest performance pure-digital AI inference startup. We’re a rapidly growing Toronto-based startup, with employees across Canada and the US, building next generation hardware AI accelerators for neural net inference. We are investing in software in a big way in order to make it as seamless as possible for researchers and developers to successfully deploy neural networks on our hardware.
We’re looking for best in class people to join our existing best in class team. When you join Untether AI, you will be part of a team that designs, develops and verifies the software that interacts with our chip, collaborating with our hardware engineers and with fellow software engineers in the process. By creating software that fully realizes the capabilities of the hardware, you will help get AI inference to the general populace.
The Software Architect will lead in the company’s software efforts to advance the SW stack that includes ML frameworks, compilers, libraries and runtime. Your proven software and system architecture skills will drive end-to-end system level performance through hands-on leadership. You will bring expertise in the optimization of software for highly parallel architectures to maximize performance and efficiency, and will provide technical leadership to ensure the maintenance of Untether’s leadership position in the competitive landscape. Your background may include experience in the semiconductor accelerator world or from the world of high performance AI software.
- Advance the state of the art in compiler and runtime technology for delivering high performance acceleration of AI workloads across a variety of neural network architectures
- Research and design new software and hardware AI solutions. Develop technologies and products involving optimizing compilers, code generators and runtime execution frameworks for accelerators for Deep Learning
- Evaluate various trade-offs of different parallelization strategies such as performance, power, energy, and memory consumption
- Enhance AI software tools to support the latest and greatest DNNs emerging from the research community and industry
- Keep up with the fast-paced development happening in the industry and academia to continuously enhance our products
- Work closely with members of the software and hardware architecture teams to accelerate the next generation of deep learning software
- Collaborate with architects and hardware engineers to co-design future accelerators
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience developing software for a variety of highly parallel architectures
- Previous roles include experience with optimizing algorithms for hardware acceleration machine learning accelerators, spatial architectures or GPUs
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to resolve complex issues with high level of ambiguity
- Understanding of Deep Learning fundamentals
- Strong development skills in C/C++, Python
- Superb soft skills: ability to work efficiently and effectively in a group environment, and influence a cross-functional team without having direct managerial authority
- Computer Science, Engineering or related degree; Preferably MS or PhD
- Driven and self-directed
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
- Besides being a pretty friendly group, we’re also pretty diverse - ethnically, experientially and in our physical and mental abilities. If you are someone who needs accommodation during the interview process and/or in the workplace, please send a note along with your resume to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch.
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.