Electronics Hardware Technologist
We’re looking for best in class engineers to join our existing top-notch team. When you join Untether AI, you will be part of the team that creates innovative hardware and delivers industry leading AI performance and efficiency. Utilizing non Von Neumann techniques, you will help propel sustainable AI inference.
As part of this talented team of engineers, you are able to - and are excited to - architect, implement, verify and productize custom hardware designs. Being on our team means collaborating with an extremely bright group of people while tackling tough and interesting problems at the intersection of AI and hardware.
Untether AI is seeking a dedicated, capable electronics technologist to join our growing hardware development team. Our groundbreaking chip architecture and PCIe hardware take AI to new levels of performance and efficiency.
- In this fast-paced role you’ll be a key part of hardware bring-up and validation, from chip screening/testing through to PCIe board assembly and verification, as we scale up our in-house iterative development cycles and production. You’ll work to support our engineering and software groups in product testing. You’ll keep our hardware lab tip-top, working to ESD best-practice standards. And you’ll maintain the facilities, equipment, and inventory we need to keep our R&D and production activities at peak throughput.
- You’re the kind of person who thrives getting hands-on running test equipment in the lab, who can absorb schematics and test/debug/repair SMD PCB components, who can handle themselves at a computer command line, and who knows that well-organized data and records keep the world – and the engineering/software dev teams we support – moving and productive!
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a technical/engineering/electronics-related discipline (2+ years an asset).
- Board-level electronics experience: PCB bring-up, testing, debugging, hand soldering and SMD reflow work.
- Experience working with test equipment: oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, and related equipment.
- Familiarity with ESD best practices and ability to follow procedures and guidelines.
- Experience in Python and/or scripting languages for data acquisition/analysis.
- Experience working in a Linux environment a strong asset.
- Strong communication skills, initiative/willingness to learn new skills/tools, adaptable to evolving scope of responsibilities.
- Been in the field a few years? We want to know how your tech experience makes you the perfect fit for a company that’s innovating hardware for AI. Recent grad? Let us know how your education and experiential learning make you the ideal candidate to come work in our team.
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
- Besides being a pretty friendly group, we’re also pretty diverse - ethnically, experientially and in our physical and mental abilities. If you are someone who needs accommodation during the interview process and/or in the workplace, please send a note along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
A little bit more about Untether AI:
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.