AI SDK Software Engineer
Untether AI is a rapidly growing Toronto startup building next generation hardware AI accelerators for neural net inference. We are investing in software in a big way in order to make it as seamless as possible for researchers and developers to successfully deploy neural networks on our hardware. It involves optimizing a variety of common neural networks to run on our architectures using our software optimization tool flow.
We are looking for software developers who are highly motivated and innately curious. Successful candidate can expect to contribute to small agile teams in core areas and be provided with close mentoring and guidance from senior software engineers. Because we're building new systems from the ground up, you’ll get to work on new and unsolved problems using state-of-the art technologies.
- Software that translates a wide variety of neural nets into efficient mappings and fast implementations on our accelerator hardware
- Modern optimizing compilers and advanced optimization techniques for spatial architectures
- Physical implementation tools like place-and-route and standard libraries required run neural net models on our custom hardware
- System software, kernel drivers, and server run-time environment for integrating our chip into data centers or other client applications
- User SW tools such as profilers, debuggers and simulators
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Enthusiastic about all things AI
- Passionate about solving hard problems and pushing the envelope of what’s possible
- Tools and programming languages: python, numpy, keras, tensorflow, C, C++, git
- Neural net training / inference, compilers, graph optimization, spatial architectures, hw accelerators
- Data structures and algorithms knowledge, experience with software architecture patterns, confidence with low-level topics like bit manipulation, AI experience
What are some of the perks that you will receive being part of Untether AI?
- Aligned to Untether’s philosophy, our employees enjoy the same perks, regardless of role or level. In part, these include:
- 20 vacation days
- Strong health and extended health benefits
- Unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Building chips and software that will change the world
Thinking about applying?
- We’re a pretty welcoming bunch of people. If we’ve piqued your interest, you’re passionate about the same things we are but you aren’t sure if you check all the boxes, please apply anyway. We’re a great place to work, an even better place to learn and we focus on both capability and potential!
- Besides being a pretty friendly group, we’re also pretty diverse - ethnically, experientially and in our physical and mental abilities. If you are someone who needs accommodation during the interview process and/or in the workplace, please send a note along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.