Staff Firmware Developer
***Please note: While our engineering HQ is in Toronto, this is a remote opportunity and we welcome applicants from anywhere in North America.***
Untether AI is looking for a firmware developer to help create firmware for our next generation products. Pre-silicon, you will work with hardware designers and the runtime software team to create solutions for initialization, management and debugging of our leading edge AI accelerators. Your software will configure and control hardware blocks such as PCIe, LPDDR, SPI and various Untether specific modules. You will play a key role in initial bring up and validation of silicon and will work closely with the runtime team to verify the functionality provided to the host device drivers. You are a capable communicator, organized and detail oriented.
We work in a fast paced, startup environment and you will welcome the opportunity to expand the scope of your role in all phases of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering, software engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5+ years experience in firmware development for embedded processors and near real-time systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong C/C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Adept in creating high-performance, reliable, multi-threaded programs.
- Experienced in team oriented software development methods including version control, code review and architectural planning.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in writing low level code to interact with hardware peripherals.
- Experience with PCIe hardware and drivers.
- Experience with debug tools such as JTAG and gdb.
- Familiar with RISC-V processor architecture and tool chains.
- Experienced with real-time executives such as FreeRTOS or Zephyr.
- Familiar with instruction set simulators such as QEMU.
- Experienced in chip and board bring up.
Don't meet all the requirements but still feel like you'd be a good fit for the role? We encourage you to apply regardless.
A little bit more about Untether AI
Untether AI has developed a groundbreaking new architecture that brings neural net inference to new levels of performance and efficiency. We’ve already sold our product to smart clients who want to get in at ground zero. We’ve done this while continuing to improve our technology creating ultra-efficient, high performance AI chips that eliminates the data movement bottleneck that costs energy and performance in traditional architectures. We’re a team made up of scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs and have the support of tier one investors. We recently received $125 million in our series B funding round which enables us to expand our customer engagements, enhance our software offering, and build the next generation of industry leading AI inference products. Join us to be part of something big - a chance to create the future of AI.