Lead Embedded Hardware Engineer
08 Embedded Engineering
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu is an urban mobility brand based in Berlin. Our first product was the unu Scooter Classic, an electric scooter with portable batteries and was launched in 2014. Our products are sold both directly to consumers and business customers, making them accessible to everyone and resulting in fair prices by eluding dealership costs. In 2019, we launched the second generation of our scooter: The unu Scooter was designed inhouse and completely re-developed with our partners in Germany. The new scooter offers space for two people, as well as the largest storage space and one of the fastest acceleration values in the electric scooter segment. With its own app and integrated display, it also offers innovative smart features such as navigation, theft protection and digital key sharing.
After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France, unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 100 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Lead Embedded Hardware Engineer to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As a Lead Embedded Hardware Engineer you will join the team building a solution that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level
- Organize team tasks, updating the sprints and prioritizing the backlog
- Architect and design new Electronics systems, as much as maintaining existing systems
- Analyze and review Hardware requirements to meet defined requirements and system functionality together with PM Hardware
- Follow-up and manage the Layout design with the HW Layout team, organize and archive manufacturing data (Gerbers, assembly files, BOM)
- Collaborate with other members of Hardware and Software engineering team
- Support Quality and Manufacturing team with factory manufacturing and quality assurance, from debugging PCBs to generating Test Plans and documentation for certification
- Mentor and develop Junior Engineers
- Report directly to the Director of Embedded Engineering on current progress and status of development
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. We’d really like if you bring us the following:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Embedded Engineering
- Proven experience with complex Hardware architecture, e.g., DDR and eMMC memories, complex microprocessors, differential pairs, analog and RF circuits
- Proven experience in PCB Manufacturing and Quality assurance
- Knowledge on Test Jigs design and testing procedures
- Proven experience in Altium Designer is a must
- Solid understanding of fundamental embedded engineering principles and reliability
- Proficiency with Lab Equipment
- Proven experience with embedded communication protocols, as I2C, SPI, UART, CAN and USB
- You have a passion for reading technical documents, understanding them and bringing up a solution
- Excellent English communication skills
- A highly diverse and vibrant group of people with a strong cultural bond, flat hierarchy, with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- You will get your own company unu Scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club Membership and more activities to come
Are you ready to join our team? Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us:
- A short motivational letter, highlighting your relevant portfolio
- Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on Linkedin, Xing, etc.