Freelancer Embedded Software Engineer
05 Software Engineering & IoT
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to create the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 45 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Freelancer Embedded Software Engineer to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
We have a vision for urban mobility: electric, connected, simply perfect. A simple, smart, really connected scooter needs good, innovative embedded software. To cover a peek in workload, we need you to help us deliver, with all your experience and all your drive.
- You will work closely with our lead Embedded Software Engineer
- You will perform Linux operating system builds from scratch using Yocto or Buildroot
- You will be responsible for building up a usable Linux operating system base image
- You will implement a failsafe Over-the-Air firmware update system for Linux
- You will read and write low level software in C / C++
- You will build prototypes and run, test, and iterate upon them -- in close interaction with the electronics that are developed in parallel
WHAT YOU BRING
- You have experience in Over-the-Air firmware updates and have experience with available update frameworks
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty with embedded hardware
- You have experience with failsafe programming and design methodologies
- You understand of cryptographic signing and validation and update security processes
- You have experience in Linux, scripting, and Qt
- You have excellent English-language skills and can read and understand manufacturer datasheets
Are you ready to join our team? Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us:
- A short motivational letter, highlighting your relevant portfolio
- Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on Linkedin, Xing, etc.
- Reference letters