Software Engineer (Back-end)
06 Software Engineering & IoT
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, the Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 70 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Software Engineer (Back-end) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As a software engineer for the back-end, you will join the development on various cloud services that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level.
- Build a highly-scalable cloud application to unlock access to a world of IoT devices and enable future mobility services
- Work closely with other back-end and front-end engineers to explore new possibilities in cloud development
- Join the development and delivery of cloud services with solid engineering and infrastructure
- Collaborate with other members of software engineering team to build the backend APIs that power the web applications
- Implement and maintain a highly-scalable microservices application using industry's best practices
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. That’s what it’s all about! Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- A degree in computer science / software engineering or a related field
- Proven experience with Node.js and MongoDB
- Solid understanding of fundamental software engineering principles and application architectures as well as solid understanding of OOP design and principles
- Experience with WebSockets and real-time applications is a big plus
- Exposure to microservices is a plus
- You have an affinity for DevOps; developing products with world-class stability and taking care of your creation is a passion for you
- Excellent English communication skills
- You will get your own unu fleet scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- A work environment based on trust with flexible working hours and vacation days, as well as the possibility to work remotely during the week
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club Membership and more activities to come
Are you ready to join our team? Please note that the earliest possible starting date would be in July 2018.
Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for unu! Also please show us your Github account, your private site or other whatever project that makes you proud as a software engineer!