Senior Software Engineer (Back-end)
02 Software Engineering
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu is an urban mobility brand based in Berlin. Our first product was the unu Scooter Classic, an electric scooter with portable batteries and was launched in 2014. Our products are sold both directly to consumers and business customers, making them accessible to everyone and resulting in fair prices by eluding dealership costs. In 2019, we launched the second generation of our scooter: The unu Scooter was designed inhouse and completely re-developed with our partners in Germany. The new scooter offers space for two people, as well as the largest storage space and one of the fastest acceleration values in the electric scooter segment. With its own app and integrated display, it also offers innovative smart features such as navigation, theft protection and digital key sharing.
After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France, unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 100 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer (Back-end) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As a senior software engineer for the back-end, you will lead the development on various cloud services that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level
- Build a highly-scalable cloud application to unlock access to a world of IoT devices and enable future mobility services
- Work closely with architects and front-end engineers to explore new possibilities in cloud development
- Lead the development and delivery of cloud services with solid engineering and infrastructure
- Collaborate with other members of software engineering team to build the backend APIs that power the web applications
- Implement and maintain a highly-scalable microservices application using industry's best practices
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. That’s what it’s all about! Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- A degree in computer science / software engineering or a related field
- Proven experience with Node.js, ES6, MongoDB and Docker
- Solid understanding of fundamental software engineering principles and application architectures as well as solid understanding of OOP design and principles
- Proven experience with WebSockets and real-time applications
- You need to be hands on with micro services
- You have an affinity for DevOps; developing products with world-class stability and taking care of your creation is a passion for you
- Excellent English communication skills.
- You will get your own unu fleet scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- A work environment based on trust with flexible working hours and vacation days, as well as the possibility to work remotely during the week
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club Membership and more activities to come
Are you ready to join our team?
Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for unu! Also please show us your Github account, your private site or other whatever project that makes you proud as a software engineer!