Software Engineer (Full-stack)
06 Software Engineering
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 85 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Software Engineer (Full Stack) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
As a key player in our web development team you will take a big responsibility in the product development of our main sales channel and customer touch point, our website. You'll be working closely with our experienced UX-team and DevOps engineers to enable a pain-free, flexible and beautiful online experience.
- You will come up with creative new ideas and launch them
- You are quick to adapt to changes and like to get your hands dirty making sure your customers have an outstanding bug-free online experience
- You make sure new use cases that will boost our business are live on time
- You are ambitious and want to grow into a lead/ senior developer role rather sooner than later. We use Slack, Trello, NodeJS, Docker, AWS, Github etc.
- You take the lead in keeping our web presence technically sound and functionally awesome
- Work close with designers to implement and launch new web products and pages
- Be part of backend engineering, design and UX reviews & iterations
- Deliver, test and maintain a top notch performing web platform
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. That’s what it’s all about! Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- You have a degree in computer science / software engineering or a related field
- You have a solid grasp of patterns like MVC, MVVM and REST
- You know how to practically apply automated testing and use CI pipelines
- E-commerce experience is a big plus
- As you read until here, it seems you can also handle solid business communications in English.
- You will get your own unu fleet scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- A work environment based on trust with flexible working hours and vacation days, as well as the possibility to work remotely during the week
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club Membership and more activities to come
Are you ready to join our team?
Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for unu! Also please show us your Github account, your private site or other whatever project that makes you proud as a software engineer!