SRE (Site Reliability Engineer)
06 Software Engineering
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 100 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As Senior SRE (Site Reliability Engineer), you take part in the development of various applications and APIs that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level
- You help building an extensive IoT backend using cutting-edge technology with containers and microservices and you will be responsible for implementing concepts like high-availability, horizontal-scalability and fault-tolerance
- Ensure highly-available and reliable systems
- Grow our reliability engineering cultureImprove and maintain our internal tooling, monitoring and platform
- Take ownership of our AWS and Google Cloud platforms
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. We’d really like if you bring us the following:
- In-depth knowledge of Google Cloud and AWS
- You know how to define an SLA and SLO
- You know the difference between Traces, Metrics, and Logs
- You can measure business-critical metrics (Prometheus)
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure automated with Terraform
- Experience in operating Kubernetes clusters (yes, multiple)
- Knowing how to engineer to avoid the 3AM PagerDuty callExperience with Node.js
- Experience with running a replicated sharded MongoDB cluster is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills
- Terraform for infrastructure automation (Even our user management is in terraform)
- Prometheus for Metrics and alerting
- GitLab and GitLab CI for CI/CD
- AWS and Google Cloud
- You will get your own company unu scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant group of people with a strong cultural bond, flat hierarchy, with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- A work environment based on trust with flexible working hours and vacation days, as well as the possibility to work remotely during the week
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
Are you ready to join our team? Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us:
- A short motivational letter, highlighting your relevant portfolio
- Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on Linkedin, Xing, etc.
- Reference letters