Senior Software Engineer (Front-end)
06 Software Engineering
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to create the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers - so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, unu is now expanding into further European countries
With already more than 85 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer (Front-end) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
At unu you have the chance to join the bold development of a coming generation of mobility. Dream up ideas, discuss technical possibilities, assess tech alternatives and then quickly make it work. With your contribution, the next unu generation will become more advanced, smarter and personal. We offer you the opportunity to work with an award-winning, expert team in our lab in central Berlin and develop technologies for the next level of mobility.
- As a senior software engineer for the front-end, you will join the development on various web and mobile applications that will bring the urban mobility experience to a whole new level.
- Work closely with architects, other back-end and front-end engineers, designers and product managers to explore new possibilities in app development;
- Lead the development and delivery of front-end applications with solid engineering and pristine UX;
- Collaborate with other members of software engineering team to build the most performant hybrid app in the world
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - connection, creative challenger, simple perfection, authenticity, we are david - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city. That’s what it’s all about! Other than that, we’d really like it if you bring us the following:
- A degree in computer science / software engineering or a related field;
- Proven experience with vanilla JS, ES6, Vue.js and CSS3;
- Solid understanding of fundamental software engineering principles, UI and application architectures and, OOP design and principles;
- Solid understanding of how browser rendering engines work;
- Proven experience with WebSockets and real-time applications;
- Experience with automated acceptance testing;
- An affinity for UX and design; developing products with world-class UX is a passion for you;
- Excellent English communication skills.
- You will get your own unu fleet scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- A company that values output more than input, with flexible working days and the possibility to work remotely some days during the week
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Membership with Urban Sports Club
Are you ready to join our team?
Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please please provide a short cover letter with a clear motivation on why you want to work for unu!
Also please show us your Github account, your private site or other whatever project that makes you proud as a software engineer!