Design Director (Digital Products)
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu (unumotors.com) is an urban mobility brand that launched its first product, an electric scooter, in 2014. The unu scooter offers you a new way of mobility as they are equipped with portable batteries and sold directly to consumers and business customers – so unu stands for fair prices for your mobility by eluding dealer costs. After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and France unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 85 creative challengers striving for simple solutions we are now looking for an exceptional Design Director (Digital Products) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin, work with us on our next generation products to solve urban mobility and build up a strong brand.
As the Design Director of Digital Products at unu you will help shape our website from beginning to end. You will envision and design digital initiatives that help launch upcoming mobility products online and constantly iterate and improve our online shop. You’ll work with engineers, product managers and collaborate with the rest of our design team as you identify problems and present solutions.
- Build, lead and mentor a small, talented team of Product Designers. While spending a significant share of your time on hands-on design work.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Developers to turn user, business and marketing needs&requirements into flows and interfaces that are simple and effective
- Lead the product design process: from understanding over conception to prototyping, testing and delivering
- Design and ship high fidelity designs across our (upcoming) digital products portfolio
- Identify usability problems and address solutions
- Own, build and foster the design system for our digital products & enforce visual and motion consistency in your contributions
- Be an essential stakeholder carrying our brand throughout the organization
WHAT YOU BRING
- 6-12 years experience. You should have shipped a portfolio of digital products.
- Experience in leading other product designers.
- You’re proficient and experienced in the product design process (from understanding over conception to prototyping, testing and delivering) and are able to lead your peers through it.
- You strongly care about the details of visual design, transitions, and animations.
- You ideally have built a design system for another brand before.
- You believe in collaborative decision-making with other parties involved in a project, while understanding your skills and limitations.
- Proficiency with current product design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Framer).
- Technical fluency – you can communicate with an engineer. You’re familiar with web and mobile patterns and how the platforms differ.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in the English language is a must
- You should be passionate about our values (Curious Connection, Simple Perfection, Radical Authenticity, Collective Courage, Creative Challengers) and our vision of enabling people to unleash the full potential of their cities by providing them with the perfect mobility solution.
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options.
- You will get your own company unu scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant set of people with a strong cultural bond and space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment.
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg.
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club Membership and other activities to come
Ready to join our team? If you would like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us:
- Link to digital portfolio
- A short letter highlighting your relevant experience
- Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on LinkedIn