Loan Review Specialist (loan processing / underwriting)
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Verifications team is hiring for Loan Review Specialists. We are looking for detailed oriented individuals to assist our customers with the loan application process. Our Loan Review Specialists are responsible for the accurate review, processing and decisioning of applicant loans. In this position, you would spend your day reviewing financial and identifying documents, assisting applicants over the phone, gather additional documents and following up with applicants to verify financial information to decision the loan application. This is a dynamic role partnering with our customers to provide a best in class experience.
What you'll do
- Maintain high quality while processing large numbers of personal consumer loan applications
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls
- Answer customer service request via an internal communication system
- Be an expert on our product and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high-quality work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet or Exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What you have
- 1+ years experience in a banking, financial services or related industry
- Previous contact center experience
- College degree highly preferred
- Ability to calculate financial information and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Team player
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
This is an in office job- work from home is not offered. Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19.
Great OPEN office environment that is socially distant!
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.
Close to light rail and public transportation.
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, HSA / FSA, life insurance & disability.
Monthly Wellness Incentive Program.
Paid time off
Kitchen stocked with beverages and snacks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.