Entry-level Underwriting - Starts at $24.00 per hr
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Verifications team is hiring for Loan Review Specialists. We are looking for detailed oriented individuals to assist our customers with the loan application process. Our Loan Review Specialists are responsible for the accurate review, processing and decisioning of applicant loans. In this position, you would spend your day reviewing financial and identifying documents, assisting applicants over the phone, gather additional documents and following up with applicants to verify financial information to decision the loan application. This is a dynamic role partnering with our customers to provide a best in class experience.
We are hiring for various different shifts:
Monday - Friday 6am - 3pm
Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm
Wednesday - Saturday (4x10) 6am - 5pm
*Note: Weekend shifts are eligible for $2.50 shift differential pay
What you'll do
- Maintain high quality while processing large numbers of personal consumer loan applications
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls
- Answer customer service request via an internal communication system
- Be an expert on our product and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high-quality work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet or Exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What you have
- 1+ years experience in a banking, financial services or related industry
- Previous contact center experience
- College degree preferred
- Ability to calculate financial information and strong problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Team player
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient with Google suite: Gmail, Sheets, Docs
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
- Starting at $24.00 per hour
This is an in office job- work from home is not offered. Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19.
Great OPEN office environment that is socially distant!
Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.
Close to light rail and public transportation.
Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, HSA / FSA, life insurance & disability.
Monthly Wellness Incentive Program.
Paid time off
Kitchen stocked with beverages and snacks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.