Director, Investor Operations
San Francisco /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. In the last four years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $7 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card combines the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan. Our latest offering, Rewards Checking, gives customers access to no-fee checking accounts with 2% cash back rewards on common everyday spending. Learn more about the team.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 600 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Collaborate with the investor sales team to develop best-in-class investor experience and document investor operations procedures
- Manage the on-boarding of new investors including account opening and documentation review
- Assist with a variety of activities related to the daily operations of the sales team
- Work with product managers and engineers to ensure integrity of investor data reports, automation of investor reporting and timely customization of reports based on investor needs
- Build relationships with institutional investors, warehouse providers, custodians, backup servicers, etc.
- Expand current systems to accommodate new products in a more efficient and robust risk decision process
- Must to be willing to conduct hands-on data mining and data analytics
- 10+ years of experience in investor operations at a financial technology or asset management firm
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and a strong client service orientation
- Business-focused mindset with a demonstrated ability to take ownership and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and recognize and focus on critical issues
- Flexibility to prioritize, balance and respond to competing needs within the organization
Benefits / Perks
- Designer office with amazing views of the bay!
- Comprehensive benefit package: medical, dental, and vision.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Flexible working environment.
- Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District.
- Close to BART and public transportation.
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks and treats.
- In office game rooms, yoga room, and abundance of lounge space.
- Monthly social gatherings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
This California Candidate Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with Upgrade information about the categories of personal information Upgrade collects and how the company uses this information. For any questions about this notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Personal Information Upgrade Collects
a. Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information.
b. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history.
c. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
2. Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
a. To consider applications for employment.
b. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options.
c. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits.
d. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations.
e. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States.
f. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
g. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.