Supervisor, Mortgage Operations
United States /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
The Supervisor of Mortgage Operations will oversee the operations of Upgrade's mortgage products with a team of Mortgage Licenses Originators. This role will work alongside the operations team with the Phoenix Service Center to ensure we are providing world class customer service to customers using Upgrade's mortgage products. The best candidate can prove their individual success as a NMLS licensed mortgage officer, and they can display courageous leadership abilities to motivate a team of originators.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for and directly supports the operational activities of mortgage products and Mortgage Licensed Originators (MLOs)
- Responsible for state licensure related audits and examinations and CFPB examinations
- Knowledgeable about mortgage product philosophy, policy, underwriting, procedures, documentation and systems
- Display and maintain thorough knowledge of our mortgage products and programsHelp customers by answering escalated situations and resolving issues
- Provide coaching and assistance to staff
- Support all other ongoing responsibilities as assigned
What you have:
- Must have active NMLS applicable state licensure
- Valid Indiana and/or Florida State MLO license required
- 2- 3 years experience required in operations of a mortgage broker related business
- Experience at an online mortgage brokerage is a plus!
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have excellent problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, multi-task environment, and be team oriented.
This role can be in office or remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.