Customer Service Representative
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Customer Service Representative works on a world-class team that takes pride in creating delightful customer experiences and consistently raising the bar. This is a role for someone who considers themselves a self-starter, go-getter, and customer service guru.
What you'll do
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls, 100+ calls per day
- Jack of all trades: Answer continuous inbound calls in the following departments; Customer Service, Application by Phone, Verifications, and Loan Servicing
- Be an expert on our product and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high quality to your work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet or Exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What you have
- 1+ years experience in the banking, financial services, or related industry
- Prior experience in a call center or contact center is strongly preferred
- BA/BS or higher in related field is a plus
- Team player
- Detailed oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office position.
It gets better :
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix
- Close to light rail and public transportation
- New Hire Training Program
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- Paid parking
- Monthly Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid time off
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.