Marketing Operations Manager
Upgrade is a consumer credit platform that is changing how people think about credit. We use technology to innovate and create responsible and affordable credit products that help our customers understand and manage their credit better.
Our founding team pioneered online lending over a decade ago and launched Upgrade in 2016 using their experience and the latest available technology to make credit more transparent and affordable. While Upgrade is very well funded with $142 million in equity capital, we’re still in the early days and you have a great opportunity to make your individual impact towards our collective mission.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are looking for new team members who are excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to join a team of just over 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
The Marketing Manager role is at the center of our marketing team. You will be responsible for optimizing our current campaigns, collaborating on new marketing opportunities as well as ensuring that all marketing campaigns across channels are tracked and attributed properly.
· Build and execute paid user acquisition campaigns across various channels, including Paid Search, Display, and Native.
· Collaborate on the testing of new marketing strategies.
· A/B test new images, copy, segments, and landing pages.
· Run, analyze, optimize, and report on the successes and challenges of user acquisition campaigns. Tirelessly track daily spend and progress towards growth targets.
· Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems used to generate, distribute, and report on acquisition channels (including but not limited to, tag managers, landing page builders, email support, web analytics tools etc.).
· Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, Analytics, and Engineering to ensure that we deliver well-executed acquisition campaigns, strong user engagement, and excellent tracking.
· Work with outside marketing agencies, CRM administrators and internal marketing stakeholders to ensure data is clean, campaigns are executed accurately, on time and marketing metrics are reported accurately.
· Establish and maintain scalable processes, share best practices and create documentation.
· Bachelor’s Degree. Majors is business and/or quantitative fields preferred.
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience in Marketing or Marketing Operations roles.
· Track record of achieving strong results when managing campaigns in Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook and other digital marketing platforms.
· Experience working with third party agencies to ensure that they both deliver value and consistently achieve or exceed goals.
· Strong understanding of marketing value and how to calculate user profitability based on CPM, CPC, and CPL investments.
· Proven experience managing marketing technology systems and have demonstrated the ability to implement and learn new technologies.
· Thorough knowledge of tracking links, pixels, and marketing attribution. Experience with implementing and testing conversions, interfaces with third parties, and custom reporting.
· Self-directed - you can take abstract concepts and a clear goal or objective and build what you need to achieve the results using the full resources of the team.
· Naturally curious. You are comfortable solving problems. If you don’t know the answer, you can’t stop until you find it.
· Strong quantitative orientation (must love spreadsheets).
· Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment, while still ensuring high quality deliverables and a strong attention to detail.
· Intermediate level or better Excel user (e.g. proficient with pivot tables, VLOOKUPs and other advanced functions to manipulate and analyze large data sets)
· Experience with HTML. SQL experience a strong plus.
The Good Stuff
Great OPEN office location!
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
Unlimited vacation policy
Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
Weekly & monthly social gatherings / happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.