Call Center Customer Service Representative - Weekend Shift - $20/hr
Customer & Account Support – Customer Service /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, “Best Engineering Team" and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Customer Service team is hiring for Customer Service Representatives. We are looking for detailed-oriented individuals to assist our customers over the phone with the loan application process from start to finish, including reviewing financial and identifying documents, assisting applicants over the phone, gathering additional documents and following up with applicants to verify financial information to recommend a decision for the loan application.
Our customer service representatives also assist with answering questions about Upgrade products, assisting customers with troubleshooting and technical assistance while delivering world class customer service. This is a dynamic role partnering with our customers to provide a best in class experience. Come join us to make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Upgrade's Customer Service Representatives work on a world-class team that takes pride in creating delightful customer experiences and consistently raising the bar. This is a role for someone who considers themselves a self-starter, go-getter, and customer service guru.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide excellent customer service to inbound and outbound calls, 100+ calls per day
- Jack of all trades: Answer continuous inbound calls in the following departments; Customer Service, Application by Phone, and Verifications
- Be an expert on our products and processes
- Bring a flexible mindset – you will be required to adapt to changing policy and procedures on a constant basis while maintaining high quality to your work
- Review financial documents submitted by the borrower
- Verify and calculate customer income
- Detect suspicious and fraudulent loan applications
- Meet or Exceed production, quality, and customer service goals
What You'll Bring To The Table
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High Volume Call Center: 6 months min. (Required)
- Financial Services: Any experience (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Dependable - more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented - enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
The Good Stuff
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, close to light rail and public transportation
- New Hire Training Program
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- Paid parking
- Monthly Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid time off
- 401(k) matching
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identiy, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Unlimited vacation
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.