Verifications - Online Banking - New Accounts Supervisor
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Our Verifications team is looking for a customer-focused Supervisor to join their team. This role requires someone who can manage multiple business priorities, in a fast-paced environment, while still meeting the needs of their team. A successful individual communicates effectively with their team and balances the right amount of coaching with accountability. You've got to be a team champion and have an ability to influence through effective team coaching to ensure our customers receive a best in class experience.
What you'll do
- Have clear knowledge of internal policies and procedures; communicate any challenges or roadblocks that could impact team success with a focus on continuous improvement
- Effective management of team KPIs
- Ensure department exceeds goals through effective coaching and feedback
- Develop and manage a group of 10-12 Loan Review Specialists
- Manage employee performance expectations through effective communication, feedback and coaching
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned
What you have
- 1 - 3 years previous experience managing a team of specialists in a fast paced, goal oriented operations environment.
- Broad knowledge of consumer banking and/or Financial Services including, but not limited to, loan processing, onboarding new accounts, checking, savings, debit card, etc
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and highly organized
- Self-starter and ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Operations ( loans, bank accounts, mobile app, credit card, auto refinance, HELOC, processing, customer facing, financial, tech) experience a plus
- Experience in a financial services setting at a startup, branch, and/or online support center is preferred
Internal candidates only
- 6 months + of loan review experience with Upgrade's internal policy and procedures
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office position.
It gets better :
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix
- Close to light rail and public transportation
- New Hire Training Program
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- Paid parking
- Monthly Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid time off
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.