Quality Assurance Engineer - All Levels
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise in March 2017, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been proven, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better solutions for the greater benefit of consumers to join a team of 175 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
Your responsibilities will include test automation and estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
· Analyze the product and identify the best automation approach for the platform
· Be able to develop automated tests in Java using Selenium, utilizing IDEs such as IntelliJ or Eclipse
· Add validations to automated tests from REST APIs, DB, Splunk, email and other sources
· Own the testing and automation approach for your team, including framework enhancements
· Deploy services in various environments using Kubernetes, and deployment tools like Spinnaker, Jenkins
· Monitor applications using Splunk, AppDynamics
· Analyze user stories and successfully identify test scenarios that are relevant to the business
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Help grow the team by participating in recruitment activities
· Assist developers with unit testing -- what to cover, what to avoid and how to effectively test components
· Identify chances of code refactoring in order to make the product more suitable for automation, for example, assign unique IDs to elements in a webpage
· Be able to contribute to the continuous integration process, including maintenance of Kubernetes environments and service configurations
· Create automation jobs using Jenkins DSL, track Code Coverage results
· Improve efficiency of existing test infrastructure using Docker Selenium and headless browser executions
· Design performance testing suites for microservices, using tools like Gatling
Java, Selenium, Webdriver, TestNG, Maven, Git, Jenkins, SQL, REST Assured, Splunk, AppDynamics, Docker, Gatling, Basic Linux
· Downtown office location across from the Bell Centre
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision
· Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.