Senior Business Intelligence Developer (Remote)
United States /
Technology – Data Engineering & Analytics /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $4 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 4 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products to join a team of over 400 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
This is a remote position based in the United States.
- In order to provide useful insights to our data-driven organization, you will need to quickly gain a deep understanding of the business and how data flows through the organization.
- Play a key role in building an efficient and scalable data and reporting layer for the organization. Set up tools and processes for effective data management.
- Own the design, development, maintenance, and distribution of key business metrics and reports. Take a proactive approach to defining new metrics, reports, and dashboards to improve the visibility into the business.
- Deep dive into data to find trends and problems. Answer key business questions using SQL, Excel and other data manipulation tools.
- Work closely with product and various stakeholders to understand business issues and recommend approaches to ensure business questions are properly answered.
- Excellent SQL and data warehouse skills. At least 4 years of recent hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries on large data sets.
- Experience with database table design and building data pipelines (Redshift and/or Snowflake).
- Reporting and data visualization skills (Tableau).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Ability to synthesize complex ideas and communicate them in very simple ways.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented.
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix issues quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics) required.
- Experience working with Python, Java or any other programming language.
- Financial services experience.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.