Senior/Principal DevOps Engineer
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise in March 2017, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been proven, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better solutions for the greater benefit of consumers to join a team of 175 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
· Build a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud based platform
· Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response
· Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues
· Build and scale the technology infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
· Manage cross-functional requirements working with various company stakeholders
· Collaborate with Development and QA to bring new features and services into production
· Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
· At least 4 years of relevant experience
· In-depth knowledge of AWS services and hands-on experience in AWS provisioning
· Advanced knowledge of Ansible, Terraform, Spinnaker, GIT
· Experience with Kubernetes (1.6+) and containerized applications
· Strong understanding of systems, networking and troubleshooting techniques
· Experience in automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
· Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
· Knowledge of cloud monitoring, logging and cost management tools
· Strong programming/scripting knowledge - Bash, Python, etc
· Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
· AWS certification is a plus
· Experience with other IaaT platforms is a plus
· Great attention to detail
· Strong work ethic and initiative
· Highly motivated, self-driven and solution-oriented
· Downtown office location across from the Bell Centre
· Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision
· Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.