Finance/Capital Markets Counsel
Upgrade is a consumer credit platform that is changing how people think about credit. We use technology to innovate and create responsible and affordable credit products that help our customers understand and manage their credit better.
Our founding team pioneered online lending over a decade ago and launched Upgrade in 2016 using their experience and the latest available technology to make credit more transparent and affordable. While Upgrade is very well funded with $142 million in equity capital, we’re still in the early days and you have a great opportunity to make your individual impact towards our collective mission.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are looking for new team members who are excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to join a team of just over 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
· Draft, edit, and negotiate a variety of financing agreements, including whole loan purchase and servicing agreements, loan agreements and securitization documents.
· Prepare and update necessary disclosures in connection with securities offerings.
· Support investor team in analyzing and complying with contractual obligations.
· Assist senior attorneys with various corporate housekeeping matters related to the above, including preparation of necessary board consents and regulatory filings.
· 5-8 years of experience, including significant transactional finance/capital markets work.
· Prior work at a recognized law firm; additional in-house experience a plus.
· Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of California or state of residence.
· General understanding of consumer credit products; prior experience with marketplace lending a plus.
· Interested in taking an active role in helping to build a great company from its very early stages.
The Good Stuff
· Great OPEN office location!
· Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
· Close to BART and Public Transportation
· Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & vision
· Unlimited vacation policy
· Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
· Periodic social gatherings / happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.