Data Analyst / Sr Data Analyst
Operations – Operations /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, “Best Engineering Team" and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 1300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Are you a data savvy professional with analytical genes that thrives on driving data-based decisions through exploring data and extracting insights? Do you have an aptitude for visualizing those insights that improve operational decision making and are you attracted to an entrepreneurial culture and energized by high growth? If so, read on…
Upgrade Inc., a fast growing fintech "unicorn", is looking for a "rockstar" Data Analyst to join our Analytical Insights & Decision Optimization team. This key role will leverage data to increase the organizational value of the Phoenix Service Center through better "influencing" decision making (Analytics), "optimizing" decision making (Prediction) and leveraging RPA, Python and Google Scripting to automate manual processes and erase tech debt (Efficiency).
We have large data sets that need to be analyzed to better understand our business and to identify new opportunities for efficiencies and improvement. You will be critical in exploring and modeling data then visualizing critical insights to improve decision making. You will also work with business teams across the Phoenix Service Center in areas like capacity planning, workload forecasting, workforce analytics, business impact analytics, call center analytics and customer analytics. To be successful in this role, you must be a self starter, entrepreneurial by nature and enjoy a fast paced challenging environment. Experience in taking data analytics projects from soup to nuts is a must.
- Consult with internal operations leaders around problems that can be solved using data and analysis
- Access a variety of data sources and apply a breadth of tools and data analytics techniques to answer high-impact business questions and present the insights in concise and effective manner
- Perform in-depth analyses and then create models to identify trends and key drivers that inform important decisions across the business
- Drive successful completion of analytics projects related to things like capacity planning, workload forecasting, workforce analytics, business impact analytics, call center analytics and customer analytics
- Drive best practices to improve the overall quality of our analytics practices and effectiveness of the integration of those insights
- Support the implementation of models that are developed to ensure value is realized
- Optimize the processes associated with the implementation of those models to reduce risk, maximize automation and minimize time burden to operations employees
- Quickly learn about the business processes and systems within the operation to most effectively apply data analytics to create value in the operation
- Leverage skills in Python, Robotic Process Automation and Google Scripting to automate key processes
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Comfortable with ambiguity, developing creative solutions and delivering against aggressive timelines
- Bachelor's degree required (Computer Science or related major (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems etc.,) preferred)
- Minimum 1+ years of relevant work experience within data analytics related fields required
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Working knowledge of complex data models, BI methodologies, data architecture principles (MDM, Metadata, API Integration, Database Design etc.)
- Experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience in financial services is preferred
- Experience with RPA is preferred
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in coding languages such as Python, R, SQL etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, highly proficient in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
- New Hire Training Program
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.