Director of Business Analytics & Reporting
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
The Director of Business Analytics & Reporting will be a key leader for Upgrade at the Phoenix Service Center, helping to develop and lead the strategy and execution of the business reporting and analytics program. This is a high-visibility role with direct interaction and partnership with various teams and stakeholders. This role will work closely with multiple business leaders and partners to understand and interpret relevant data to support their day-to-day operations as well as to support strategic initiatives and capabilities. This role will lead a team responsible for connecting the dots between data and performance that helps support the business and drive our growth through a compelling story supported by analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience building out data definitions, and in rolling out and scaling business intelligence and reporting in financial services.
- Collaborate across the Phoenix Service Center leadership team to ensure the business analytics & reporting team develops meaningful reporting and insights, and can translate data that helps drive the business operations growth and needs
- Partner with leaders in advancing the analysis and reporting agenda, focused on insights delivery in areas around operational efficiency, quality enhancements, etc.
- Help identify and define operational improvements, strategic opportunities, and other initiatives across the business/operations
- Partner with leaders across the business to build buy-in and engagement around the established direction and objective of establishing a reporting strategy that balances the need for automation and self-service
- Develop, define, report, and monitor key management metrics around the health of an operations program
- Deliver reporting and analytics to help the business operate more effectively, understand what business questions need to be answered and how to unlock the data to get the answers
- Manage executive level reports and dashboards clearly communicating insights and recommendations
- Develop a deep understanding of systems and processes in order to extract insights from existing data
- Develop insights-based presentations from analytics and present to internal stakeholders
- Develop methods to unlock information held in disparate systems and derive processes to generate lessons learned and better business outcomes
- Recommend and help implement solutions that improve business decision making through quantitative and qualitative data
- Create a single source of truth by partnering with technology to ensure data is aggregated from multiple sources efficiently and accurately
- Enable confidence in the data by providing actionable insights from the accuracy of the data, fostering opportunities for efficiency gains, and by introducing solutions to scale current operations
- Drive improved data quality and consistency across all data solutions in the business
- Maintain a high-performance team and work environment enabling operational objectives and acquisition/retention of people resources
- Work effectively as a team member with other members of the leadership team and business partners
- 5+ years of relevant experience in building statistical models and translating and communicating insights into actionable business recommendations required
- A focus on Financial Services/experience supporting banking operations preferred
- At least 3 years of experience leading other people
- Demonstrated experience in building business intelligence functions at scale, with the ability to anticipate and get in front of potential roadblocks
- Strong business acumen and application of data and insights to business strategy
- Competent in the use of data technology to solve complex business problems, and must be willing and able to provide hands-on expertise in the use of multiple
- Business Intelligence toolsets and database platforms
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Programming ability (SQL at a minimum)
- Knowledge and experience with various analytical and statistical methodologies
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- BA / BS in a quantitative field; advanced study a plus
- Ability to work well cross-functionally and influence across the organization
- Ability to operate as a consultant with proven ability to manage high profile data insights and reporting initiatives
- Excellent communication, partnership, and presentation skills
- Great OPEN office environment.
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.
- Close to light rail and public transportation.
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, HSA / FSA, life insurance & disability.
- Paid parking.
- Monthly Wellness Incentive Program.
- Paid time off.
- Kitchen stocked with beverages and snacks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.