Head of Analytics
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3 billion in consumer credit and achieved $100 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Head of Analytics
Upgrade has an incredible opportunity for a passionate leader who supports Upgrade’s mission by ensuring we deliver a great level of service and quality to our customers, stakeholders and team members. The Head of Analytics is a prominent role on the Upgrade Phoenix Service Center leadership team. While our leaders get to wear many hats, your primary responsibility is to lead the business through data sources, reporting and analysis of the Analytics team. Your responsibilities ensure that the business, in its various departments, understands its own health. Ultimately, our team will depend on you to identify opportunities for process improvements, and find levers to push for change where there’s potential for growth.
What you're good at:
- Use strong analytical skills to make business decisions that improve operations within the Phoenix Service Center.
- Coach, develop and drive the team of data analysts to solve the business challenges.
- Leverage data to help the business answer questions around process optimization, products and service offerings, cost optimization, customer acquisition/retention/churn and any other business goals that can be addressed through data insights.
- Interface and collaborate with Phoenix Service Center teams to formulate solutions and process changes informed by analytical findings.
- Develop business dashboards, deliver on ad hoc reporting, and otherwise meet the data needs of the business units.
- Build, validate, test, and deploy models to predict trends and issues with the goal of optimizing the Phoenix Service Center.
- Work independently or in a team to solve complex problems.
What you have:
- Demonstrate "self-starter" behavior and have a willingness to help others with a positive attitude.
- Experience with leading a team of talented analysts.
- Proven ability to design and implement metrics, data analytics, and other data-driven strategies that drive business results.
- Must possess strong reasoning and critical thinking skills to make ethical and practical decisions while ensuring data integrity and business needs are met.
- Deep understanding and statistical expertise in a variety of analytics solutions.
- Proficiency in programs and tools such as SQL and Tableau are a preferred Have understanding and implementation experience of a variety of reporting resources, including leadership dashboards, predictive analysis, and decision trees.
- Should possess consumer lending industry knowledge, ideally with marketplace lending and/or call center/service center operations experience.
- An undergraduate degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience at a scaling a startup is a plus!
- Great OPEN office environment.
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix.
- Close to light rail and public transportation.
- Comprehensive benefits package: medical, dental, vision, HSA / FSA, life insurance & disability.
- Paid parking.
- Monthly Wellness Incentive Program.
- Paid time off.
- Kitchen stocked with beverages and snacks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.