Call Center Quality Assurance Specialist
Credit & Risk /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
Upgrade is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. The Quality team aims to bridge knowledge gaps, build awareness of available resources, and work with team members to create individualized goals for continuous improvement, all in an effort to deliver outstanding service that drives high customer satisfaction while avoiding business risks. These are achieved through reviewing, documenting, providing feedback, and coaching on adherence to applicable compliance regulations, company policies and procedures, and the high levels of customer service that our customers have come to expect.
QA team members practice what they preach by acting on feedback, capitalizing on strengths, and being actively involved in improving the overall Quality Assurance program, including driving technology forward, recognizing the strengths of others, and providing recommendations for negative trends.
In order to gain the first-hand experience that is needed for providing accurate feedback and coaching, immersion training will be an integral part of the onboarding process. For the first four to eight weeks, the position will be part of the call center team, learning tasks such as reviewing large volumes of loan applications, evaluating customer documentation required for the verification process, assisting customers on the phone, taking payments, and processing complaints.
Please send both resume and cover letter if interested.
What you'll do
- Daily review of customer phone and email interactions
- Daily payment, notation, application, and complaint audits
- Provide productive and constructive written feedback to individuals regarding interactions reviewed
- Deliver weekly individual and group coaching sessions
- Utilize varying coaching techniques and methodologies to motivate constant improvement in each team member
- Frequent interdepartmental collaboration
- Frequent peer collaboration
- Develop, update, and lead QA-related training as needed
- Leverage and drive voice analytic technology
- Display clear knowledge of internal policies and procedures
- Update procedures where necessary
- Suggest improvements to existing systems and processes to drive quality and efficiency, and enhance the customer experience
What you have
- BA/BS degree or higher in related field preferred
- 2+ years of call center and/or QA experience, preferably with 1+ years in banking, financial services, or related industry
- Highly adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work with different personalities, learning styles, objectives, and strengths to motivate and drive the best solutions
- Collaborative, non-confrontational, well-thought written and verbal communication style that promotes growth
- Positive attitude in and out of the workplace
- Strong focus on the “why” and the “how”
- Total ownership in everything you do
- Build and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations
- Self-starter with ability to thrive with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of compliance risks related to a financial industry and a call center
- Thorough understanding of loan products
- Typing skills, preferably at least 40 wpm
- Proficient with Microsoft or Google Suite
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other CRM applications is a plus
- Experience building and growing a QA group a plus
COVID-19: Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.