Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
We are currently seeking Collections Specialists for our Collections team. In this role you'll be interacting with our customers daily by phone and email providing the best in class service related to current status of accounts, payments and other concerns.
What you'll do
- Interacting with customers who are greater than 30 days past due, providing assistance by answering questions and process requests by phone
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, service questions and general concerns
- Assist customers with disputes and inquires and reconciling payment history
- Perform creative skip tracing techniques to locate customers
- Provide thorough and accurate documentation to customer accounts through our communication channels
- Utilize judgment to analyze the customers ability to pay and establish a repayment plan
- Identifying areas of opportunity for optimizing results and improving customer satisfaction
- Be a daily key contributor to improving training and development
- Servicing accounts by investigating problems and finding resolutions to help overcome objections that customers may have about making payments and working towards solutions that best fit the customer needs, creating a positive customer experience
- Maintain superior quality assurance results
- Coming to work with a positive outlook contributing to Upgrade’s already enjoyable environment
What you have
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to business needs
- Capability of gaining customer loyalty through listening, relationship building and professional and persuasive communication skills
- Previous experience in a customer service, sales, or finance industry
- College experience, Associate’s or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Working knowledge of FDCPA and FCRA experience
- Team player seeking a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Proficient in Microsoft, Cloud based products and Google apps
Our office space exceeds OSHA and CDC guidelines for workspaces amidst COVID-19. This is an in office job and work from home is not regularly offered.
Benefits, Perks & the fun stuff:
-Great OPEN office environment!
-Conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix
-Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance & disability
-Paid parking or platinum pass
-Close to light rail and public transportation
-New Hire Training Program
-Wellness Incentive Program
-Paid time off (PTO)
-Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.