Director, Customer Service (Call Center)
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Customer Service, with strong focus on contact center functions such as: customer experience (CSAT), complaint reduction, and call responsiveness
- Responsible for ensuring that supervisors and managers have the appropriate tools to meet/exceed service level agreements
- Accountable for designing and driving usage of call center reporting both in real-time and historical
- Accountable for driving customer complaint reduction through coaching and developing caring and compassionate customer experiences (Cx)
- Accountable for precise scheduling and resource management
- Responsible for exceeding customer experience KPIs such as Schedule Adherence, First Call Resolution, Quality Assurance, and Production Contribution
- Responsible for driving continuous Cx improvementResponsible for driving employee engagement, development, and career growth.
- Responsible for hiring, development and performance management of staff
- Partner with Operations leaders from Customer Service, Contact Center Technology, New Accounts, Portfolio Management, Oversight, and Business Analytics to align business initiatives
What you have
- 4 year degree required
- Minimum 8 years working in leadership in a high volume contact center environment
- Technical acumen in contact center tools such as phone system, email, chat, customer feedback, workforce management, scheduling and forecasting, capacity planning
- 3-5 years leading managers and supervisors and 100+ total FTE
- Strong workforce management skills as it pertains to a large contact center teamExtensive experience with contact center metric analysis
- Demonstrated people leadership and employee development
- Strong process improvement, reducing employee and customer pain points
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively collaborate with various leadership levels and/or department
- MBA or equivalent Six Sigma certification or process improvement equivalent
- Project management experienceTelephony system management (Genesys)Omni-Channel management experience (Zendesk, Genesys)
- Workforce management (scheduling, forecasting, adherence, etc.)
- Experience with a wide range of contact center tools/vendorsDirect experience driving customer satisfaction (CSAT) and Loyalty (NPS)
This is an in office role
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.