PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Join the Upgrade team, the same team that built Lending Club and is now set to innovate again. Upgrade is combining a marketplace lending approach with credit monitoring and credit education features designed to be even more helpful to more people. The company is still at an early stage; this is your opportunity to join early and have a significant impact.
Come join a team of just over 70 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, operations and marketing professionals. We are looking for new team members who get excited about constantly learning, and always seeking to design and implement new and better solutions.
* Expert experience with PostgreSQL
* 7+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL or Oracle Server environments.
* Experience with AWS, RDS (Postgres), Redshift, DMS
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving the following: database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
* Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using performance monitor, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, and replication.
* Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
* Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, and patching
Great OPEN office location!
Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, dental, and vision
Open vacation policy
Flexible Working Environment
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Snack kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks and treats
Weekly and monthly social gatherings and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status