PostgreSQL Database Administrator
Technology – Technology
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise in March 2017, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fintech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been proven, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a significant impact.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better solutions for the greater benefit of consumers to join a team of 175 talented and passionate fintech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals.
* Expert experience with PostgreSQL
* 5+ years of experience in database development and support
* Experience with AWS, RDS (Postgres), Redshift, DMS
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving the following: database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, and security issues.
* Experience in performance tuning, query optimization, using performance monitor, and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
* Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, and replication.
* Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
* Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, and patching
Great OPEN office location!
Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, dental, and vision
Open vacation policy
Flexible Working Environment
Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District
Close to BART and Public Transportation
Snack kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks and treats
Weekly and monthly social gatherings and happy hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status