Supervisor, Apply by Phone Sales
Come drive the transformation of financial services, solve big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade, Inc. is a new consumer credit platform that combines personal loans with tools that help consumers understand, monitor and improve their credit. The company raised $60 million in its first capital raise last year, which remains the largest Series A round ever raised by a fin-tech company. While the founding team is very accomplished and the business model has been well established, we are still in the early days of this new platform and there is still an opportunity to have a very significant impact.
Upgrade has been named a 'Best Place to Work in the Bay Area' by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. The Company was also recently named the #1 Personal Loan option in Q4 2017 by LendingTree customers.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to join a team of just over 250 talented and passionate fin-tech engineers, product, credit, finance, legal, compliance, design, operations and marketing professionals. Upgrade is looking for a Supervisor of Apply by Phone Sales for our Phoenix operations center.
Our role is in this group is to help our customers quickly submit loan applications by phone, better understand their personal finances, and ultimately exceed expectations by delivering a delightful experience. We’re tasked with ensuring our borrowers have consistently great experiences with us and will measure it by maintaining a best-in-class Net Promoter Score and Customer Satisfaction Score. A great sales experience to us will be personal, human, educational, quick and through, and above all delightful. And we’re going to scale quickly.
Our Supervisor of Apply by Phone Sales coaches and develops a world-class inbound sales team that takes pride in creating delightful customer experiences and consistently raising the bar. This is a blended role in that you have to be a great sales leader but you're also leading an inbound call center group so you must be well-versed in inbound operations leadership. This is a role for someone who considers themselves a natural born leader who loves coaching, challenging, and developing people in a competitive fashion to drive world class results. In this role, you must be comfortable leading, coaching, and developing sales agents directly from the inception of the team but also senior enough in leadership to help define the sales strategy and know how to build an exceptional team of inbound sales agents under you as our group scales over the upcoming year. Success in this role means you love the sales competition and love “rolling your sleeves up” and showing your team what sales success looks and feels like through consistent coaching and employee development.
- Passionately coach and develop a team of 10-15 apply by phone agents at the beginning who have the skills and tools to delight our customers and exceed their expectations
- Consistently exceed your teams monthly revenue quota
- Spend at least 75% of your day on the floor with your team actively monitoring calls to ensure quality while actively coaching your team on any areas for improvement
- When necessary, jump onto the phones and take Apply by Phone calls in order to reduce the call queue and provide the best customer experience possible
- Drive your team toward exceeding operational goals, using metrics to ensure efficiency, quality, and customer experience in day-to-day operations
- Mentor, inspire, and provide guidance to your team with a focus on helping them achieve their goals, grow as team members, and create successful experiences for our customers
- Act as the first point of escalation and troubleshooting for customer, systems or transactional issues within the team
- Act as the primary point of contact for systems training and call quality improvement within the team
- Lead weekly team meetings to ensure team understanding of company initiatives, goals, as well as your team’s performance against our KPI’s (ie: Average Issued $ per agent, Offer page conversion rates, AHT, Schedule Adherence %, Quality Assurance Scores, CSAT)
- Partner with members from our Product, Engineering, Marketing and Executive teams while representing the voice of our customers
- Collaborate with our Phoenix and San Francisco offices to develop and implement best practicesHelp to attract and retain top talent to the team
- Create and implement reward and recognition programs to drive performance and foster a positive cultural environment
- Report to our Director of Sales & Customer Service
- Experience leading world class sales or customer-focused teams / managing others performance
- Experience managing inbound/outbound call center teams
- Experience managing teams using data and analytics with a proven track record of increasing sales conversion, CSAT, and NPS metrics.
- Experience maintaining a competitive organization by attracting, training, managing, developing and retaining top talent
- Excellent writing, email, phone and organization skills. Strong verbal communication skills coupled with strong computer skills
- An unshakable passion for sales and service. We take customer experience really seriously and you should too!
- Tech fluency – you’re an expert in our product and can learn new technology at lightning speed and teach others
- The ability to identify initiatives to drive efficiency and customer satisfaction
- A proven track record of building strong, tight-knit teams who connect with each other
- Comfort with a rapidly evolving work environment; you don’t just roll with change--you are prepared to initiate and thrive in it
- Have a flexible schedule and are willing to work early mornings
The Good Stuff:
- Great OPEN office environment!
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, dental, and vision, disability and life insurance
- Open vacation policy
- Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Phoenix - close to light rail and public transportation
- Company paid parking benefit
- Wellness incentive program
- Two kitchens stocked with beverages, snacks and treats
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.