Senior Devops Engineer
Technology – Technology Operations /
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn backed by a top 10 global bank and other leading fintech investors. Founded in 2017, Upgrade has already delivered $3.5 billion in consumer credit and achieved $125 million in annual revenue run rate and cash profitability.
Upgrade is building a neobank offering exceptional value to mainstream consumers, including affordable and responsible credit through cards and loans. In 3 short years 10 million people have already applied for an Upgrade Card or loan.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal 3 years in a row, and received “Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from Comparably.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and implementing new and better products and join a team of 350 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
- Build a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud based platform.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues.
- Build and scale the technology infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand.
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with various company stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Development and QA to launch new features and services.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Highly motivated and self driven.
- Enjoy learning and solving problems.
- Enjoy collaborating and working in teams.
- Technically strong and hands-on.
- Good at multitasking and thrive in fast paced environments.
- Methodical, thorough, and solution oriented.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of AWS.
- Advanced knowledge of Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Istio.
- Experience with Windows Server and IIS.
- Understanding of Java applications.
- Strong understanding of systems, networks and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience in automated build pipeline, and continuous integration.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring, logging and cost management tools.
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge (e.g. Bash, Python, Powershell etc.).
- Experience with other IaaT platforms is a plus.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, & vision.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.